Foam-Control® EPS Geofoam
Foam-Control® EPS Geofoam is a geotechnical product used in fill applications where a lightweight material is required to reduce stresses on underlying soils or lateral pressures to retaining walls, abutments or foundations.
Overview of EPS Geofoam
EPS Geofoam has been used in engineering and geotechnical applications, specificallyGeofoam transportation applications, worldwide for more than 30 years. Foam-Control®EPS Geofoam is a cellular plastic material that is strong, but has a very low weight – 1 percent of traditional earth materials. EPS Geofoam is produced in block form and is easily positioned at the work site. Foam-Control® EPS Geofoam is unaffected by normally occurring weather at the time of installation and will retain its physical properties under engineered conditions of use.
Benefits of EPS Geofoam
- Predictable material behavior
- Manufactured to meet ASTM D6817
- Variety of Types to meet specific project requirements
- Super lightweight compared to other fills
- Inert in long-term burial conditions, no leachates