Top Stop Retarder
TOP-STOP is a spray-applied, water-soluble surface retarder designed to slow the set of surface mortar in concrete to expose the aggregate. It temporarily halts the set of Portland cement at the surface while the concrete below the surface cures normally. TOP-STOP is economical and easy to use, producing beautiful exposed aggregate concrete flatwork with consistent results. TOP-STOP is non-flammable and VOC-compliant.
TOP-STOP may be used to produce an architectural finish on concrete slabs by exposing the natural color and texture of the aggregate. TOP-STOP exposes the aggregate on floor slabs, sidewalks, tilt-up and precast panels, or any normal horizontal concrete application. TOP-STOP produces roughened bonding surfaces for subsequent concrete toppings and roughens horizontal surfaces for construction joints in power plants, dams, and other civil engineering projects.
- Architectural-quality appearance with original color and texture of the aggregate without sandblasting.
- Easy, economical removal of the concrete surface without laborious chipping or blasting required.
- No danger of acid residue from strong washing compounds.
- Easy to use.
- Less supervision of field personnel.
- No expensive equipment required.
- Uniform coverage results in uniform aggregate exposure; consistent results.
- Easy water cleanup.
- VOC compliant … actual VOC content is 0.