SC Snap-Coil Tie
Multipurpose tie for job-built forms
The Steel Dog® Snap-Coil™ Tie is a multipurpose Transition Tie™ for “job-built” plywood concrete forms. With a standard-duty, button head snap tie electronically welded to a two-strut, ½” coil tie end, the Snap-Coil™ Tie allows the user to take advantage of the versatility of threaded coil rod for one-sided forming, long ties, and other purposes, while still using familiar, low-labor-cost means of attachment to formwork (slotted wedges, Jahn brackets).
- Standard-duty, button head snap tie–½” coil rod adapter on the other end
- Snaps off like normal button-head tie
- Low cost solution for one-sided forming and adjustable-length ties
- Welded to rigorous standards using computer-controlled equipment: each SC is as strong as a standard button-head tie
- 2250 lbs Safe Working Load
- One-sided forming (with epoxied coil rod, drop-in anchors, or other hardware)
- Making on-the-spot long tieswith a length of ½”coil rod
- Adjustable length ties(battered walls, unusual forming situations)
- Blind side walls with Stay-Form® stay-in-place expanded metal mesh panels and Steel Dog® Rebar Hooks.
Download Snap Coil Spec Sheet