- SSTB is suitable for monolithic and two-pour concrete applications.
- Nuts and washers for holdown attachment are not supplied with the SSTB; install standard nuts, couplers and/or washers as required.
- On HDG SSTB anchors, chase the threads to use standard nuts or couplers or use overtapped products in accordance with ASTM A563, for example Simpson Strong-Tie® NUT5/8-OST or NUT7/8-OST, CNW5/8-OST, CNW7/8-OST.
- Install SSTB before the concrete pour using AnchorMates®. Install the SSTB per the plan view detail.
- Minimum concrete compressive strength is 2500 psi.
- When rebar is required it does not need to be tied to the SSTB.
- Order SSTBL Models (example: SSTB16L) for longer thread length (16L= 5 1/2″, 20L = 6 1/2″, 24L = 6″, 28L = 6 1/2″). SSTB and SSTBL load values are the same. SSTB34 and SSTB36 feature 4 1/2″ and 6 1/2″ of thread respectively and are not available in “L” versions.
- One horizontal #4 rebar in the second course.
- One vertical #4 rebar in adjacent cell for 5/8″ diameter SSTB.
- One vertical #4 rebar in an adjacent cell and additional vertical #4 rebar(s) at 24″ o.c. max. for 7/8″ diameter SSTBs (2 total vertical rebars for end wall corner, 3 total vertical rebars for midwall).