Self expanding cork expansion joint
Self-Expanding Cork is pre-molded expansion joint filler for concrete. Self-Expanding Cork is pre-compressed at the factory under heat and pressure. This process permits the cork to expand up to 140% of its original thickness.
- Self-Expanding Cork can be used in all concrete joints subject to excessive contraction, as could occur in dams, sewage treatment plants, waste water plants, flood walls, spill ways, and power plants.
- Material will not expand prematurely under normal atmospheric conditions and can thus be field cut on site to the required size.
- The convenient size is easy to handle.
- Field Installation is not compromised by butting together broken pieces with rough edges.
- Self-Expanding Cork is wrapped in moisture-proof paper.
- Self-Expanding Cork will not prematurely expand under normal atmospheric conditions.