Supergrit® Safety Treads
- Extruded aluminum base—abrasive filler
- Lengths to order, up to 12′-0″ (3.66 m) max. in one piece
- High content of aluminum oxide abrasive
- 12 standard colors
- Colors extend throughout filler
- Protective tape available
- Provide Supergrit type 231BF safety nosings as manufactured by Wooster Products Inc. For interior and exterior stairs.
- Nosing base to be type 6063-T5 extruded aluminum.
- Anti-slip filler shall contain not less than 65% virgin grain Aluminum Oxide (AL2O3) /Silicone Carbide (Sic) abrasive
- Nosings shall be non-combustible as tested under Federal Test Method Standard No. 501a, Method 6411.
- Type of anchor shall be as specified.
- Nosings shall terminate not more than 4″ (101.6 mm) from ends of steps for poured concrete stairs; for concrete filled pan stairs, nosings shall be full length of steps less 1/8″ (3.05 mm) clearance.
- Color shall extend uniformly throughout the filler; black color will be furnished if no other color is specified.
- NOTE: Safety nosings going into new poured concrete or cement fill shall be installed before “Initial Set” of the concrete or cement occurs.
- Nosings shall finish flush with the top of the traffic surface.